Naval Ships and Tech discussion (LONG)

Wout Broere w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL
Mon Dec 15 20:32:09 CET 1997

Yes I did keep quiet during this discussion. There was a question about a
cog replica in Bremen. Well it has been, and I found a link to some info
about it, as well as a picture.  Some other links turned up as well, so here
is a short list of links to webpages about ships.

Article about cogs, sailing properties, based on the Bremen cog
http://hydmech.fb12.tu-berlin.de/kogge/kogge.html
and
http://hydmech.fb12.tu-berlin.de/~karsten/
follow link shiffe for a picture of the cog

Some other links on related subject cam up as well

General nautical interest page:
http://pc-78-120.udac.se:8001/WWW/Nautica/Nautica.html

The english/greek rebuilt trireme
http://www.atm.ox.ac.uk/rowing/trireme.html

Swedish long ship:
http://hem2.passagen.se/hakanlar/

and one I already knew about, great place to go and look at the actual
building of an east-india man (when you live practically around the corner
that is):
East-India man Batavia:
http://home.wxs.nl/~bataviawerf/batevia.html

I haven't found the time yet to delve into the collection of nautical books
at my parents place, so more contributions by me on this topic may be
forthcoming.

Ft