news

Larry D. Hols crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET
Mon Dec 15 23:26:39 CET 1997

Hallo,

        I received a letter from Avalon Hill today.  It reads, in part:

        "Unfortunately, we're not looking to release another fantasy
roleplaying
        game at this time.  We're already underway with a new edition of
RuneQuest,
        and we feel that Powers & Perils would only serve to compete with
our new
        product."

        So, at this point, the project is dead in the water.  I will
approach them with proposals to license the property or buy the rights.
I'd even settle for permission to rewrite the original system and mechanics
in a form for distribution via the net for the use of the loyalists.  The
game may see some sort of revitalization, yet.

        Not all of the news was bad, however.  They were impressed with my
writing and want me to work on supplemental material for RQ.  I'm
interested in seeing the new approach, and as long as I don't have to deal
with ducks, I'll be happy.

LArry