Items to bounce around

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Thu Dec 18 07:43:37 CET 1997

 -=> Quoting crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET to longshot <=-

 cr> For an instance such as this, I've always used the following
 cr> guidelines: The beast is big and normally eats the smaller
 cr> beast in question, so 01 - 90  horsie runs like hell
 cr> 91- 98   horsie bucks like hell until it figures out it can
 cr> run like hell
 cr> 99 - 00  horsie is too frightened to move
 cr> If a human handler is attempting to calm horse, then adjust
 cr> the table with the following:

        Well I was really asking a generic creature and human moreal
    chart.  Not specifically to the horse situation I gave as an
    example.  In the situation of the griffin combat its over in
    5 phases.  But the 3 forward horses did get wounded minorly.
    As did some of the players but only single # damages.

 cr> 01 - 30  horsie runs over handler then runs like hell
 cr> The table gets adjusted if the carnivore is smaller, but
 cr> horses, being large herbivores, still want to run away from all but the
 cr> smallest predators.  Humans may keep horses under control if a lynx is
 cr> around, but they'll still be skittish.
 cr> I suppose this could all be worked into one table, with
 cr> skittishness at the base and the top end being over 100.  Large
 cr> predators would have modifiers to the roll (+50 or so in this case.)

        Well if someone wants to work on that table :)....
        The horses ran but didn't trample anyone as all three riders
        made it to the ground away..One based on Creature INT could
        work as well.

 cr> Nope.  I experimented with one, but the maintenance of it
 cr> proved too cumbersome for the player to bother with (he wanted
 cr> everything easy.)

        Maint. in what way the generation of it or the feeding from it?
        He was able to work it out nicely.  I'd have to dig out his
        old player files to remeber exactly how he did it though.

... I needed a little quiet - to think.
--- Blue Wave v2.12