Errors in the Culture Book

Scott Cohan scott.cohan at SSA.GOV
Thu Nov 6 13:47:58 CET 1997

  Inspired by Burt's random starting culture table, I decided to make a Lotus
  1-2-3 spreadsheet to do this for me, including the city and tribal information
  as well, when I ran across two mathematical errors in the Culture Book.
  A'Korchu is listed as having a total population of 1,133,000.  However, if you
  actually add all of the city, colony and rural populations, you arrive at
  1,143,000.
  Similarly, Katai should be 1,040,000 instead of 1,050,000.

  (Also, I learned that one has to be careful not to count the Fierazi tribes in
  Dirllar twice, once under each listing.)

  Perhaps this is due to the great summoning ritual, performed in A'Korchu many
  years ago, at the last Festival of Death, which summoned 10,000 Katai citizens
  instead of an avatar of Ahriman.

  Scott Cohan