October Archives

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Fri Nov 14 22:07:58 CET 1997

   This is not directed to anyone in particular.  I would reply to
   the old email/list posts but rather deal with it all in one so
   individuals can reply.

   Comments from September's Listserv Archives by me:

   if any of these are covered later archives (oct-now) sorry
   But rather get these thoughts down before I forget them.

   1) New equipment costs:
      Sounds like a good deal if someone can form that chart or info.
   I could always use detailed equipment info.  Like I've always had
   trouble describing say a Arbalest :).  I also did for my players
   a text file (26k) on the equipment.  If anyone wants it just
   holler.  Almost word for word from Book I.

   2) New Gear: There was mention in one post of some info on say
   seacraft?  Anyone have this.  I'm could always use intense
   sea rules like layout of ships, equipment on them, speed.  If
   anyone has this info to post here please do so!  Like a Triene
   has X levels and generally laid out how? type of info.  Anything.

   3) Magical Flavors - Interesting!  I'm seriously considering using
   these ideas and concepts.  I've always had trouble of say not
   being able to run a Elder or Kotoh magic user or something and
   could reformat those ideas into something useable.

   4)  "Sea law": In one post there was a guy talking about sea law
   and such.  He said he would work on it and I look forward to any
   and all info (related to 3 above.

   5)  Magic sub-structures like necomancy.  I agree with most you
   can specialize most wizards by simple spell selection but I
   never considered say bonuses for such specialization.  I'll have
   to think that over as well for my game.

   6)  Coinange: Another great idea and concept.  Could someone list all
   their coin names like the Eagle, Fin and such?  The one GM skill I lack
   is name creation.  When it comes to Npc names I halter :) Stuff like
   that drives me nuts.  Plots, characters and such perfect though.

   7)  Where in the perilous lands do I play?
       Well I've had numerous campagisn.  Back around '91 when I ran
   it on the bbs as well (larger group) we did all the sites in the
   site book (so those places we visited - it was a longg campaign
   going over a year or two). When I ran it at a convention (our
   local conventions unfournately are dying) this past Feb. I ran
   a adventure involving Kotoh in Port doman/nearby jungles/the lost
   temple area.  Right now we are in Marentia but have played in
   Thaliba, some clima, Donara of course and a few minor other areas.

   8) Ma'helas Maps/info:  Thanks to the person doing those..great job!

        more comments to come..I welcome any back..:)

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL