P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Scott Adams longshot at JAX.FIDONET.ORG
Sat Nov 15 01:02:12 CET 1997

*** Quoting crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET from a message to longshot ***

cr>         This will never happen.  The matter is quite simple:  P&P
cr> died because of poor sales.  The same set of rules will not sell any

This occurs with many systems...I'm the type that seems to GM those systems
like Fringeworthy for example.  They are actually very good but bad sales is
only one factor.  Bad marketing is another.  If word of mouth gets out about
the change in a system like through this list then sales will be lower.  Its
part of the industry.

cr> better now, and would probably do worse on the market.  They will not
cr> be reissued.  A new set of rules is the only thing that can return
cr> P&P to the market.     Now, I can build a set of rules that are
cr> closer to the original than what I've started.  There will be
cr> changes, however, and I think that is good.  I like P&P (or I

     No.  It can return with the OLD rules just revamped and reworked to a new
modern system with the changes and such given in some areas.  Enough changes to
rules and such can be done for a 2nd edition.  Heck, AD&D mastered this arcane
art of editions :)

cr>         Huh?  There are very few diceless systems available.  There
cr> are many more low-mechanics systems available, though, because many
cr> more players want them. They wouldn't be appearing if there weren't a
cr> demand for them.

     Actually I've played in about 8 diceless systems..so there are alot out
there if you look for them.  A friend of mine a Gaming store owner has a bunch
up in NC.

cr>         First, the "Conan the Librarian" comment seemed to be an
cr> underhanded slam and has no place in a civilized discussion.  Nothing
cr> I have written deserves such treatment.         Next, unsuitablility
cr> for hack &slash comes from lethality of combat rules and has nothing

     Its not a slam.  If your been in gaming for as long as I have its a term
used by MANY over the years.  Its the genre of games that do nothing but ogre
warriors in bad leather.  No real substance.  Its a way of describing the game
nothing more.

~~~ Telegard v3.08.b12/mL