P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Larry D. Hols crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET
Mon Nov 17 20:45:52 CET 1997

Hallo,

>> One could always go the "2300ad" route.  In that game, when you chose
>> a career the available skills
>> where broken into Primary, related and unrelated.  Related skills cost
>> DOUBLE to learn; unrelated cost TRIPLE.
>>
>> With fewer career path "The Path of the Warrior", "The Path of the
>> Shaman", etc, this cost modification may work.

        I'd thought about this, but wasn't sure how elegant it would prove
in the end.  For those characters in a line of work that sort of uses two
Paths, what would be the cost.  I've never like juggling the cost of
learning spells from different orientations in P&P1, so I don't think I'd
like this.  It is a thought, though, and the playtesters may find it not to
be a problem.

Larry