P&P v2 [Was: Re: Idea bounce]

Choinski, Burt BChoinski at XSERV.BILLERICA-MA.PERITUS.COM
Tue Nov 18 14:08:10 CET 1997

Wout Broere [SMTP:w.broere at CT.TUDELFT.NL]
|| Yes, but differentation means not only the possibility of having a
charcter
|| advance to a highly specialized arche-type, say a master-thief or a
Climan
|| Ship-Mage, but also the possibility of a character that is good at
|| everything or even extremely bad at everything and cursed twice over.
And
|| above all of having (basic) scores for those characters which differ
widely.

Not everyone wants to play a complete loser.  I'm sure every group has
some sort of "reroll" rule to offset this to a degree.  The end result
being that there are fewer real losers.

I think the better way to go is allow the generation system to have a
low end of minimally competant, and if the player wants to take the
"loser" bane in order to get a few more goodies (knacks, contacts,
whatever), that's fine with me.
    -- Burton

Burton Choinski, Peritus Software Services Inc.
bchoinski at peritus.com