P&P Creatures

Larry D. Hols crkdface at PCPARTNER.NET
Wed Nov 19 21:59:44 CET 1997

Hallo,

>  Something else that I'd like to see for various creatures is a range or
>  habitat.  Something along the lines of: Great Apes and Great Serpents
>are only
>  found in the Elder Mountains.  Or perhaps Peri and the Jinn races are only
>  found in the southern continent.  I've always found that doing something like
>  this helps add to the flavor of the different countries that you go to.
>  Suggestions?  Comments?
>
>  Scott
>
>  PS - Obviously, this would be something to add in to the finished
>product, not
>  a preliminary detail.

        Actually, this sort of detail belongs in the primary development of
the critter.  Location by climate is an important detail.  Such things as
coloration of down feathers or eyes is more likely to be final detail.
        Information of this sort is good for a sense of completeness of the
whole.  If every country has the same basic critters, something seems
amiss.  Particularly when those countries are separated by several hundred
miles and have greatly different climes.

Larry