HERO Conversion for Powers & Perils

Scott Cohan scott.cohan at SSA.GOV
Wed Oct 8 17:25:49 CEST 1997

  All Characters start with a 100 point base, but at least 25 must be spent on
  NON-Combat skills, especially Languages and Knowledges.
  Everyone has Normal Characteristic Maxima at no points and everyone may carry
  and use normal equipment that they purchase with money.

  Spirit rules are in effect.

  Priests may have a set of powers similar to spells that their god has granted
  them, but this is usually limited and by no means required.  However, there is
  nothing to prevent a priest from studying wizardry of the same alignemnt as
  their deity.  (NB - I still haven't seen the priest rule extensions)

  I am not letting players play members of the Faerry Sidh.  Call me crazy.

  Many creatures and some races are immune to various spells or whole categories
  of spells.  This is bought as the same cost as Desolidifcation, with the
  following limitations:
  Must be bought No End, Persistent, Always On
  +1 Limitation - Only vs. Magic
  +2 - Only vs. magic of a specific alignment (e.g. Balance Spells)
  +3 - Two or more specific types (e.g. Darkness and Storm Magics)
  +4 - Only one specific type or a specific spell (e.g. Darkling Light)

  Languages:
  Must lingustic groups are isolated.  If you purchase one of the languages
  within the group, each of the others may be purchased at -1 cost.  Associated
  tongues get no cost break.
  Armani, the Old Tongue and the Eastern Tognues all cost double.
  The following groups have a high degree of similarity.  If you purchase one,
  you get half those points in each of the others:
  Thaliban, Thaban, Portan
  Donaran, Xianese, E'lici, Salaqi
  Djani, Ghiam, Valhani, Novarischi

  Supernatural Languages will add +1 to the Magic Skill Roll for every 2 points
  that you have in the language when casting a spell that this applies to.
  (e.g. If you have 4 points (Fluent w/ accent + Literate) in Tongue of the
  Desert, you get +2 to your Magic Skill Roll when casting any Desert Powers.

  Station:
  Station 0 is a 5-point Disadvantage
  Station 1 is the default
  Station 2 is a 1 point Perk
  Station 3 is a 2 point Perk
  Station 4 is 3
  6 is 5
  Station 10 is a 10 point Perk

  Note that the above costs do not include family influence or estates.  It is
  solely for the title alone (and starting money).  This is what is usually used
  for PCs, as they tend to be landless and/or deposed.  Use the base rules for
  lands and estates.

  -10 No Starting Income, No Free Possessions
  -5 No Starting Income, May keep free possessions
  5 Double Starting Income
  10 Triple SI
  15 Pentuple SI

  NB - Free Possessions are as follows: 3 days worth of food and water, normal
  clothing, a weapon for each type of combat level you have, usually limited to
  1 HTH and 1 Missile (If you have a level with swords, then you start with a
  sword)

  I have made some changes to the equipment lists to 1) make it more compatible
  with Fantasy Hero and 2) to make it easier for me.

  ARMOR       DEF
  Quilted      1
  Leather      2
  Studded L    3
  Ring         4
  Brigandine   4
  Scale        5
  Chain        6
  Plate & Chain7
  Full Plate   8
  Ornate Plate 9

  This is most of the general info.  Next, I'll send some of the racial and
  spellcaster package deals, and then the spells.

  Scott Cohan
  TBOBS