Magical Flavor

Wout Broere broere at DUTCHPU.TUDELFT.NL
Tue Sep 16 10:15:53 CEST 1997

On Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:02:33 -0600, Andrew Avramenko <avramena at CADVISION.COM> wrote:
>Just thinking off the top of my head... you could even tie a mages spell
>casting to a specific supernatural language. If he does not have to roll to
>successfully use the language this could effectively provide the
>"sub-structure" or specialized mage.

Another way to get this effect is to raise the maximum EL in a specific
supernatural language from El60 to El80 for a specialized mage. This way
he will always have partial succes or better (if he learns the language at
max EL) with supernatural language, resulting in a better than average
success with spells belonging to that language.

Ft