No subject given

Scott Cohan scott.cohan at SSA.GOV
Wed Apr 15 15:50:06 CEST 1998

  I noticed that some other people are using the Central Casting: Heroes of
  Legend for characters in P&P, and I have some info for them:

  CC:HoL has you roll for starting culture based on Cultural type.  I have rated
  all of the cultures in the Culture book according to their criteria (see
  below) and have come up with the following list:

  A'ha'kacili                 Nomadic
  A'Korchu                    Dynamic Civ
  The Aratad Confederacy      Developing
  Assiran                     Barbaric
  Bal'sani                    Primitive
  Ba'rual                     Stagnant
  Bhamotin                    Developing
  Caldo                       Stagnant
  Empire of the Ced           Regressive
  Cerulean Empire             Stagnant
  Chiros                      Decadent
  Choshai                     Stagnant
  Chunrey                     Decadent
  Clima                       Developing
  Confederation of Shanda     Barbaric
  Dawana                      Stagnant
  Dechat                      Stagnant
  Dirllar                     Stagnant
  Djakschill                  Primitive
  Djanesborg                  Developing
  Donara                      Regressive
  The Fierazi Tribes          Primitive
     Aredan                   Stagnant
     Ashudan                  Stagnant
     Atler                    Stagnant
     Kingdom of the East      Regressive
     Fomoria                  Stagnant
     Kingdom of the Islands   Stagnant
     Musira                   Stagnant
     Port Doman               Regressive
     Shestar                  Stagnant
     Vahear                   Decadent
     Xan                      Decadent
  Ghazi                       Primitive
  Ghiamem                     Primitive
  Goidan                      Developing
  Gom                         Decadent
  Helva                       Nomadic
  Humagi                      Nomadic
  Ipanza                      Primitive
  Iravoy                      Stagnant
  Izza                        Barbaric
  Ja'xon                      Decadent
  Kakana                      Primitive
  Kalem                       Primitive
  Kameran                     Barbaric
  Katai                       Dynamic
  Kazi                        Primitive
  Kirazan                     Developing
  Kll'maun                    Primitive
  Kolari                      Barbaric
  Lemasa                      Decadent
  L'p'nth                     Decadent
  Ma'helas                    Developing
  Marentia                    Developing
  Mopazi                      Primitive
  Nerid                       Stagnant
  No'mal                      Stagnant
  Novarask                    Decadent
  Nylasa                      Barbaric
  Omavor                      Primitive
  Regis Baya                  Stagnant
  Rhuselka                    Primitive/Barbaric
  Rizeela                     Barbaric
  Ro'babza                    Developing
  Robari                      Primitive
  Rogizini Empire             Decadent
  Sarghut                     Nomadic
  Shiben                      Stagnant
  Shurikal                    Stagnant
  Taolisa                     Stagnant
  Teos                        Stagnant
  Thaliba                     Regressive
     Porta                    Decadent
  Thaliban Tribes             Primitive
  Ticasi                      Stagnant
  Timbaza                     Primitive
  Treaus                      Stagnant
  Valheim                     Stagnant
  Vassa                       Barbaric
  Zarun                       Developing
  Zen'da                      Nomadic

  The categories are:
  Primitive    illiterate, distrustful, no perm settlements, hunting & gathering
  Nomadic      riding, seasonal
  Barbaric     solid economy w/ division of labor

  Degenerate Civ    living in the ruins of their former greatness
  Regressive Civ    Stagnant, losing ground, dictatorial
  Developing Civ    making great strides to improve itself, pioneering spirit
  Dynamic Civ       rapid growth, development, expansion, self-centered
  Stagnant Civ      No gains in recent memory
  Decadent Civ      Past Peak, decay, people hedonistic and jaded

  I am more than willing to discuss entries that you think should be changed.

  Also, I changed table 862c: Unique Talents to a d10.  If you roll 7-10, then
  you roll on the Special Attribute Table.  Also, I have replaced 864 with the
  Special Attribute Table.

  In addition, I changed the Body Location table, based on the Medical Rule of
  9s (Comes from a way of estimating Body percentages covered with burns).

  01-09 Head
  10-18 Chest
  19-27 R. Arm
  28-36 L. Arm
  37-45 Abdomen
  46-54 Upper Back
  55-63 Lower Back
  64-72 R Leg, Front
  73-81 L Leg, Front
  82-90 R Leg, Back
  91-99 L Leg, Back
  00    Genitals

  I have then broken this up as follows:
  01 - R Neck
  02 - L Neck
  03 - R Face
  04 - L Face
  05 - R Ear
  06 - L Ear
  07 - Forehead
  08 - Crown of Head
  09 - Back of Head

                         Front                Back
  R     Arms        L     R  L                R  L
  19 Hand (Back)    28 | 64 73 Foot          82 91
  20 Hand (Palm)    29 | 65 74 Ankle         83 92
  21 Forearm (F)    30 | 66 75 L Shin        84 93
  22 Forearm (B)    31 | 67 76 U Shin        85 94
  23 Elbow          32 | 68 77 Knee          86 95
  24 Upper Arm (F)  33 | 69 78 L Calf        87 96
  25 Upper Arm (B)  34 | 70 79 U Calf        88 97
  26 Shoulder (F)   35 | 71 80 L hip/buttocks89 98
  27 Shoulder (B)   36 | 72 81 U Hip/buttocks90 99

  And the Chest, Abdomen, Upper and Lower Back can be simply divided into a 3x3
  grid:
  Chest:  10|11|12
          --+--+--
          13|14|15
          --+--+--
          16|17|18

  etc.

  other smaller changes:

  105c 3=Lawful, 15=Chaotic, 16=Upper/Lower World, 17=Elder Temple

  106b    39-40 - Born at midnight
          41-42 - Born at Dawn or Dusk = Shadow Weaver
          43-44 - Born at Noon

  750a    1-2 Wizard
          3-6 Warrior
          7-8 Priest/Shaman
          9   Unusual M-U (Rune-Master, Magician, etc)
          10  Other

  Hope you all enjoy!

  Rev. Scott Cohan