Snider Q&A - Combat I

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sun Feb 6 16:51:52 CET 2000

At 05:54 PM 2/5/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello Again  (Not much response so far),

I like the stuff its very informative..

>Q.    Why doesn't CEL have an effect on dodging?
>A.    [if desired make option  roll-CEL]    You can modify your game and
>allow dodgers to subtract their CEL from their roll if you think that CEL
>should apply. (Makes a 40 a 34 if CEL6).

This throws things outta whack in some cases though I like the standard
rule :)
But I would say maybe use CEL for that case above as a crtical dodge.

>Q.    Why have Full Helms that are more expensive and afford no more
>protection than Metal Helmets?
>A.    [+3 with Plate  +2 otherwise]    In Book of Tables Full Helms are
>changed to +3 when worn with the right armor and +2 with other armors.

Ahhh...

the damage if a character is NWI+3 or NWI-2?
How does NWI change? What is the fatigue Value of HTH or NWI? (Broken
hands, teeth, and claws)
A. [No WSB or Fatigue Value] [Untrained HTH add to roll (25- partial
expertise)]
[Trained HTH as per any other combat skill
NWI is applied as for EL on roll to hit only
severe hit -- +(NWI/2(RU)) x -1
Deadly hit -- +NWI x -1 ]
Untrained use also applies for hand-to-hand

as to NWI being helped for damage..that I'll have to think about...I don't
think so so far :)
To me its a level of 'skill' not damage.