Snider Q&A Combat II

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Mon Feb 7 05:38:04 CET 2000

>Q.    Book 2  p.11  4.9) ATTACK PRIORITY    please explain better.
>    Does a man OCV6 with sword have attack priority : 7 (for OCV); 9 (for
>sword); 16 (for OCV+sword); or what? So far I give OCV + weapon attack
>priority to all.
>    In what order do they strike: Bragga OCV6 with polearm; Able OCV16 with
>sword; and Chuck OCV 1 with trrown dagger. presume that none have moved..
>A.    [Weapon only (OCV is for Monster Weapon Equivilancy)], [Chuck, Bragga,
>Able]    The basic rule does not factor OCV in except to give creatures a
>weapon priority equivalent. Only the weapon counts. A modification is in
>testing that will improve this - giving closing and engaged priorities and
>an advantage for higher Expertise Levels. In your example, as the rule sits,
>Chuck throws his dagger, Bragga strikes with his Polearm and then Able gets
>his sword blow in.

Just wonder how many enforce the attack priority table :)
I know in some cases I overlook it by accident or purpose..and use the nromal
movement rules..

>Q.    Book 3 or 4    AGING - How does it affect abilities and skills?  Any
>ideas?
>A.    [No effect as rules are now.]    There are no rules for aging in the
>game. As the rules stand, it has no effect. I may add an article in Heroes
>at a later daye on this subject.

Heh..that's easy when your dead stats go to 0 per aging :)
But seriously how old do faeery age up to?
I know dwarf and elves can grow very old elves even more so...but not sure on
faerry...