Questions..

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sat Feb 19 00:27:58 CET 2000

At 10:00 PM 2/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>        The way it works when you create a mage is you add all the MEP's he
>receives from the different magic paths he has and that gives you his single
>trained MEL. That affects all of his magic casting, other than innate spells
which
>each have their own MEL. Of course, you will be limited to what paths you can
take
>by the alignments chosen. I would think it would be hard to play a wizard
shaman,
>as the shaman is against Law & Chaos leaving only Balance. But, I guess there
are
>always exceptions....

 I can see different MELs for each path but not the game from the new MEL
going
to each casting ability (rather one casting ability).  But in a nut shell with
your one mel idea then you are more or less
agreeing with me :)  I could see shaman and balance together if you can afford
the points.
Thanks..

>        You can reference the Shadow Magic rules in Heroes mag. Vol II number
2.
>It lists that you would add the MEP together.
>        My biggest question about the magic system was always the game
mechanics
>of the "Elder Wizard". Would have liked to have seen a writeup for the
specifics
>of a Druid for the P&P system.

 Yes Druid would've been nice...I sorta convert a few tidbits from Elder magic
and Shaman for a druid..but nto done one up in a long time..

>        Let me know what you think about the way I've always veiwed this
question.

Seems to fit in with my thinking more or less.  :)

Thanks