Hebrew Mythology - Lilith

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Fri Jun 23 00:32:12 CEST 2000

At 11:12 AM 6/22/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Scott Adams wrote:
>
>> So did you run or just play P&P?
>
>I only played. And the GM was the kind who prefers that the
>players doesn't get to know the rules except when necesarry.
>He also used a modified P&P rules set, I believe in real P&P
>you have to roll 1d100 to do skill checks, but he used a
>2d10 method instead.

Yeah depends on the rule variation system and the GM on which method you use.
So what kinda character did you play?

Actually that would be a good topic for the list.  Do you as a GM prefer to
let
players know the rules or not.  I personally will give as much info as I can
to help them play their character.  Details on like animal portages or the
swimming table is a bit too overkill.  But I don't also on that note hide a
rule.
If for example a character doesn't want to kill but only wound I'll explain
that portion of the rules for subdual damage.  That kinda thing.

>It was a fun campaign, although I found the character creation
>procedure non-transparent. I had no idea about how many skills it
>would be a good idea to select for my character.

Yeah I like to add skills and allow any type of character that can be played.
If you want to play a farmer that's fine...want to play a inn keeper that's
fine as well.  I don't really restrict the type of character.