Starting ELs

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Sun Mar 12 22:30:04 CET 2000

> Proposed Rule Change for P&P
>
> STARTING ELs
> Starting EL for combat skills is EL0. Starting EL for other skills is the
> Character's Current Maximum skill divided by the number of attributes used
> to determine the Maximum level in the skill.
>
> <Currently the Starting EL rule is complex and easy to misinterpret.
> This should simplify the problem.>

I am both more harsh and more lenient with this rule.

Initial levels for all skills, including weapons, uses the LOWEST attribute
in the formula, divided by the number used in the formula.

This should apply toward weapons as well.  It's only a few crummy percent
added to the weapon skill, and it make it needlesly complex with exceptions.
      -- Burton