Too many skills...

Gene Makely GMakely at AOL.COM
Tue Nov 21 16:51:21 CET 2000

In a message dated Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:41:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, Matijs
<matijs at R2JNET.COM> writes:

<<
I think that, when he said "the freebie skill points", Burton meant free
skills that you get from a career skill (e.g., Bow from Forester), not
using free 'common knowledge' points to get the career skill. This makes
it less of of a mute point. It means that you cannot be Assassin and
Forester, but you can be Assassin and use a bow. I'm not sure I would
agree with such a limit, though.

Matijs.

I have to agree with Matijs here.  I'm not too keen on limiting much of
anything when it comes to what players want to spend their XP on.  If you
accumulate the points legitimately, and you spend the time in-game to learn
and acquire the skill, you should be allowed to do so.  Of course, when you
start spreading your XP around like this, you'll become proficient in many
different areas, but master of few (if any).  And I believe that most
characters will naturally gravitate towards a specific skillset, even if
they've learned quite a few different ones.  Most players will seldom find
themselves using every single skill they know all the time.

Just my $0.02,
Gene