Experience option

The Choinski Family choinski at TIAC.NET
Mon Sep 4 13:08:17 CEST 2000

> Here is an optional rule for comment.

Not to pick nits, but this is an example of a "rough corner' that need to be
smoothed.

Of ALL the attributes, why are Ap and C the only ones that start maxed?  I
certainly makes as much sense as a stat that start out at maximum as those
two.

Now granted, if C did not start maxed new players would be pretty weak and
likely to croak real early, but there is no reason I can see that Ap and C
could not also be made into "increasable" stats -- simply modify the table
for initial attribute increase up by 20% for all entries.

> Optional Rule re multipliers
> May increase multipliers up to 5 at high cost in EP. [MEP may not be used
> for S,
> A, C or Ap. CEP may not be used for C or Ap.]
> 1.5 to 2 costs 50 Characteristic Points (each at 25 MEP or 50 CEP) that
> cannot be
> used for other purposes i.e. increase stat. [1,250 MEP or 2,500 CEP].
> 2.0 to 2.5 costs 100 Characteristic Points [2,500 MEP or 5,000 CEP].
> 2.5 to 3.0 costs 150 Characteristic Points [3,750 MEP or 7,500 CEP].
> 3.0 to 3.5 costs 250 Characteristic Points [6,250 MEP or 12,500 CEP].
> 3.5 to 4.0 costs 400 Characteristic Points [10,000 MEP or 20,000 CEP].
> 4.0 to 4.5 costs 650 Characteristic Points [16,250 MEP or 32,500 CEP].
> 4.5 to 5.0 costs 1050 Characteristic Points [26,250 MEP or 52,500 CEP].

If I take this table correctly, your average PC is going to be paying 250
points per _1_ point attribute increase in is areas of competance.  This is
way too painful.

Show of hands -- how many here have had players that actually maxed out the
attributes?  It's not very cmmon, and since the skills are limited by
current attributes it's kind of unfair.
      -- Burton