Experience option

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Tue Sep 5 21:38:14 CEST 2000

From: "Maouse" <maouse at FULTON-NET.COM>

> This "experience option" is totally bogus.  You are talking about totally
> unbalancing the game.  It's most dynamic and wonderful feature is that
> characters are LIMITED

> PS. If this system is used, I would have to allow Upper World creatures to
> use it as well... so EVERY DAMN ELF YOU MET WOULD BE A MAXED OUT ELDER!
> this includes DAOINE SIDHE!
> -maouse

First, the characters are still limited by their Native Ability rolls.
Second, it is EXPERIENCE not AGE that is the determining factor. Experience
is often surviving stuff that could kill you. It takes a LOT of experience
(a lot of chances to be killed) before one can even think about increasing
the character's multipliers. Elves will be Social Rank 6 (MEL or CEL 12+)
before it even begins to be a problem. Very few Elves (or Dragons) have that
much experience.

        Alex K.