*sighs* Ok, time to weigh in on the Stat/Multiplier/Experience thing...

Lyndon Liberty lliberty at SISCOM.NET
Tue Sep 5 23:52:29 CEST 2000

Hello all,

I see that some power gamers permiate even this holy place. *smirks*
Just kidding....

Let's go back to basics for a moment, please...

"Native Ability represents the phenotypic potential of the character".
This means : You cannot cheat your Genes bubba, only the gods get to do
that.

"Beyond the restrictions above, players may assign thier multipliers in any
way they desire. The total number assigned may not exceed the Total
Multipliers that are available for that character".
This means: Due to your Personal choices, these are the limits to which you
can aspire.

As a GM, you have an option of starting stats at MAX or allowing your
players to working up to their character's MAX stats. This *Potential*,
allowed already, IS your character pushing themselves to be better than they
thought they could be. It IS improving beyond mere mortal men. It IS the
Heroic end of stats... That is why it is there. Please re-read the whole of
book one again, it may have been some time since you have.

However, if you REALLY want to change the game, you would be better suited
starting with ALL characteristics with a flat 5 multiplier, double or triple
the experience cost to raise stats, and skip section 1.12 altogether. Then
you simply just have to pay cost for raising stats to thier new MAX. This
would be more streamlined and the ENDS would be the same. (Rather than
actually changing the Experience mechanics, you are just ommiting an
intragal part of character creation.)

Personally, if I wanted D+D, I'd play D+D....I like mortality and defeat now
and again, it makes my triumphs more spectacular!

Lyndon