Rebuilding P&P / Misc. Comments

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Wed Sep 6 03:12:56 CEST 2000

At 10:43 PM 9/5/00 +0200, you wrote:
>IMHO,
>   JUST SAY NO!
>
>Let me cite an example from the books : Characters with INNATES do not
>recieve Expertise in INNATES that they cast...  but they do get MEP.  It is
>based on stats, that is why.  As they get better their Spells increase in
>power, they don't learn more... yet their ability to cast increases? why?
>because it reflects a better knowledge of one's innates and how to use
>them - not necessarily Magical experience (this is why these MELs are
>seperate as well).
>
>Now you want to say that once characters get to their max (just as with max
>EL's for INNATE ABILITIES) they should be able to push this higher.
>Permanently.  I disagree.  Be happy with what you have, learn to become
>more familiar with what you can do with it.  This is how the game is
>designed because it better reflects REALITY.
>
>In any event: I have compiled a access application which does the
>following - 1. helps create and stores characters, 2. creates and stores
>NPC's (for use in lists or incase you want to remember how tough your
>barmaid is), 3. creates and stores creatures using the rules in the end of
>book 3.  I am in the process of adding skill and spell descriptions for
>printouts (so that characters can have descriptive list of what they can do
>instead of wanting to riffle my last copy of the books).  email me at
>maouse at fulton-net.com if interested (about 1.3 MB so far).

Sounds like an interesting piece of software....that's why I did my programs
like
the pc, npc, encounter and other support programs for the game easier to have
it in a piece of software programmed by me then fiddle with books :)
Whynot send it to wout for the website when done?

So I can get it then ...or just send it..

:)