Experience option

Maouse maouse at FULTON-NET.COM
Tue Sep 12 22:32:56 CEST 2000

..um... Hittler was always a geek.  He eventually learned how to use the
word "I" , a lot of rhetoric (say EL 30 or so), and propaganda that to this
day makes any other political groups look like sissy pants (including our
own dubious president).  He was still 5 foot something, ever so attractive
with his cute little mustache, and could NOT become his own image of an
Arian Super Being (namely blond haired and blue eyed, 6 foot something).
And no matter how much you try to convince me, he could not have went to
the er.. "Gold's Gym" and become an Arnold or Hogan by "working out on
badies."

I'm glad you are not forcing me to use this option... life would have been
a lot scarrier if the big H had "ascended."  Think of it... now a highly
intelligent published writer, dictator has time to kill 2-4
million "badies".  He can now up his intelligence multiplier to 6!, woa!
now he gets a little more experience with other "badies" by putting them on
the cross (since they like it).  Now he is truly the "ascended" god-like
marvel that his gene's wouldn't let him be in our real world.  I guess in a
fantasy world this is a good thing.  Not.

I guess all I am trying to point out is that "rules of ascention" are
included in almost all games as a suppliment.  In P&P the "rules of
ascention" clearly state - go to the upper world and discuss with your
gm... er god.  If you wish to be more than you are, talk to your superiors
and ask them to instill in you that ability.  Don't think that once you are
at your max, you simply have to "kill more badies".  This is just sad...
and truly defeats the purpose of developing your character (Oh, OG the
slayer of all nations, yeh I know him well.  He single handedly wiped out
L'P'Nth in order to get that intelligence multiplier he was after - as
opposed to the legendary OG, friend of Dvallin, who was gifted with the
knowledge of Dwarven magic (which relies more on his armorer skill than
intellect and in the end makes LOADS more sense)).

To be lazy or not to be lazy, this is the question... and I can't believe
I'm posing it to gamers... lol... anyway, have a good day.

-maouse

PS. alternate "rules of ascention" state - Go to different worlds where you
can power monger like crazy (that's what my EL14 planar travel with an opal
character does).