Experience option

Wout Broere w.broere at CITG.TUDELFT.NL
Thu Sep 14 13:59:15 CEST 2000

At 06:23 PM 9/13/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Basically, characters may visit the elemental planes, upper world, etc.  In
>the outermost regions ("CL1"), ALL attributes (and skill maximums) are
>reduced by 50%.  Monsters use their same stats up here (Yes, it is dangerous
>:).

Interesting, we use the somewhat opposite approach in our houserules for
upper world travel.

Characters keep their normal scores, but all beings native to the plane you
are in use double scores (S, St, HPV, EL MEL, MDV, NWI, and all others).
The Strength x 2 makes combat quite deadly for those weak middle-world
beings. And MDV x 2 makes you think twice before attempting to cast a spell.

Further we rule that magic from alignments different from that of the plane
has an increased chance to fail, Referee's discretion just how much. And if
the magic users alignment is opposite to that of the plane all failures
become abysmal.

Ft