Powers & Perils Spell List

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Mon Feb 12 05:57:14 CET 2001

At 08:53 PM 2/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
>On 2/8/01 10:40 PM, "Scott Adams" <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG> pounded out on the
>keyboard:
>
>> At 06:24 PM 2/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>     My Powers & Perils Spell List can now be found at

<<http://pnp.homeip.net/>http://pnp.homeip.net/><http://pnp.homeip.net/>http
://pnp.homeip.net
>>> I recently converted the database to mySQL so some of the features
(such as
>>> Search) don't work yet.  I hope to have all features working by this
>>> weekend.
>>
>> I tried to load it twice but it locked up the browser and the computer...so
>> not sure why....
>>
>That's odd.  I don't do anything "strange" with it.  I use a mySQL database
>for the spells and Perl to access it.

I just looked at it..loaded fine that time..so go figure :)

Its a windows browser what do you expect...
Date:         Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:14:54 +0100
Sender:       Powers and Perils Fantasy Roleplaying Game Mailing List
              <POWERS-AND-PERILS at GEO.CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
From:         Wout Broere <w.broere at CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
Subject:      wand/staff

It seems everyone has gone into hibernation.

My question for the list members is: How do you handle the wand and staff
issue?
For TWO mana points the staff increases the succes chance of a spell by its
MEL. For ONE mana point the wand increases the EL of the spell by its EL.

At least that is what the rules say. (Those rules point to each other to
the extreme btw.) Now the wand is extremely powerfull and cheap, the staff
is more expensive and less powerfull. SOmething is not right here.

Anyone used staffs/wands in their campaign and if so, how?

Ft