MMORPG based on Powers and Perils

David Jackson araborn at HOME.COM
Mon Jun 4 06:15:36 CEST 2001

I hate to disagree here, but MMORPGs have existed for years, for a lot
longer than 5-6 years.  MUDs (multi-user domains) have been around for over
20 years now.  Even thought they are text-based, to me they are just as
atmospheric and fun to play as the graphical ones.   BBS'es had very
limited versions of multi-player games (I used to run a BBS for a long
time), which were still fun (I miss Stellar Empire), but could not attain
the multi-user element that the Internet had back then.

The internet has been around for a long, long time.  It's only become
really popular in the last 10 years or so, hit the mainstream.

David