wand/staff

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Sun Mar 11 04:32:22 CET 2001

At 11:07 AM 3/10/01 -0900, you wrote:
>My interpretation is that one can put various spells into staves and wand
>but don't get out better than what they put in. i.e. a wand may be EL 5 for
>purposes of casting through it (great, for one mana you get a 5 modifier to
>your roll) but the EL0 Lightning still is only EL0 (Though it also gets the
>5 modifier).

 That's how I seem to recall the EL0 stays that.  But I'd have to review that
partcular portion of the rules.  If it was that big if a major EL increase
then
any apprentice would simply make wands and there'd be factories of them.

>    Actually one CAN get out better than what they put in by using Enchanted
>Dedication and/or the Tongue of Dvalinn.

Don't remind me :)  Nice tongue.

>    FV may be modified by Enchantment. Many will do so, some will not bother
>as it is another possible spell which, if failed abysmally would prevent any
>further enchantments of the item.

OR worse yet...the staff is unusable if you have a real evil gm.