Two Weapons / Multiple Attack

Brandon Stubbs bigbeh at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 2 10:31:28 CEST 2002

>>What about bow's? Didn't you love seeing Legolas shooting arrows like a
>>gattling gun? I've made what I think is a great rule system for bow
>>multiple attacks and I've spread a portion of that into 2 handed weapon
>>multiple attacks. I think it will improve the desire of warriors to just
>>use their missle weapons rather than melee all the time.

Ok. I guess bringing these ideas out makes me a little nervous. But they
need scrutinized so here we go.

For Missle Weapons:I mainly made this for bows not crossbows (because there
is no reload table for bows), but I think they can still apply if the DM
desires it.
Bows:Based on a tactical turn of 12 seconds. On the first attack everything
would be normal, but from here on out it is more difficult because of many
factors, no skill, low dext or agility, and maybe just being nervous
putting your life on the line in a weapon you've no trust in. What this
comes down to is this:
(CTL or EL)+DB+AB)/12 ru. So worst case is (-27-1-1) for 1 attack every 3
rounds (very poor bowman with no dex or agil). For best case it would be
for an elven archer(Faerry's are not supposed to be great warriors in P&P
according to the creature discription in book three). Max stats for Elven
Archer would be 84 dex and 88 agil which gives a max bow level of 18 and DB
and AB at +4 for each respectively. So with the formula above: (18+4+4)/12
ru=3 attacks per round. This can help make up for melee attacks which get
to use SB for damage and create the bowman worth fearing. For crossbows use
the same formaula but for the bonuses use the required characteristcs in
the weapon (crossbow=(SB+DB+EL)/(12+reload seconds from table)).

>>One more thing. I don't enjoy the race modifiers. I think they are limited
>>and don't create the right diffence between the four main character races.
>>I use an advanced system that allows the DM to create a character out of
>>any creature in the creature list(though I don't allow the use all of
them.
>>What this does for me is really creates a beautiful racial difference.
>>Perhaps any ideas would be helpful in making my system better. I'm not
>>going to reveal the information here, but if you e-mail me perhaps I will
>>explain it.

Advanced Racial Bonuses is one of my favorite developments and so far I've
really enjoyed using it in our campaigns. The creature book three is used
as the guide in doing this. I got the idea from the Goblin King and Elite
Guard double modifiers they get. I used this idea that characters are
special and get increases vs. the average race characteristics because they
are of noble blood or they are chosen by a greater power to do greater
things than an average person. I used the creature characteristics of the
four main character races,(Humans,Dwarves,Elves,Faerries)subtract 10 from
their physical characteristics and use the result as the bonuses for str,
sta, dex, agil. Leave the mental, const, and app the same as the origanal
table. So a male human str = +4, Elf = -2, Faerry -6, Dwarf +2 and so on
for all characteristics. This makes huge differences in stats that a race
can get and creates benefits in their chosen weapons. Thus an elf would
want a lighter weapon so as to get the better weapon EL and a Dwarf would
stick to the heavy weapons and so on.
This really creates some interesting racial differences with the
players...they really play like thier race would and makes role playing
that much funner. You can do the numbers if you choose.