Two Weapons / Multiple Attack

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Apr 2 17:12:52 CEST 2002

||>I use a general rule of thumb of 1 phase to reload bows.

||1 phase (3 seconds) or one Turn (12 Seconds)?

I meant just what I said...one phase. Learn the terminology, man! :}
Yes, 3 seconds (one phase) to reload a bow.

||I actully meant 3 max per turn. Which is less than what you said which
would be at 4 shots per turn.

Okay, which only puts you 50% above in firepower then what I use (I can't
remember what the books have for bows...it may be 1 per phase for all I
know).

||Hahaha. That would be a silly sight, you're right, but I think 3 shots per
turn at 6D10 is about equal to a large Barbarian using the modified two
handed weapon skill (sb*wsb) with multiple attack, or an assassin that
wields 2 weapons and blows in an incredable amount of damage. It crreates a
nice balance of warrior characters.

The advantage that bows have is stand-off damage capacity.  If you run your
dumb creature encounters like dumb creatures, they will just charge and take
it.

I honestly don't think the added complexity is really needed.  Missile
weapons are quite deadly as it is.

||>Technically, you should subtract 11 from the stats (2d10 average = 11).
Are
||>these adds in ADDITION to the ones on the table (i.e. you double the
racial

||>modifier)

||You may be right about 11, perhaps I will study that one out.

||Nope, not in addition. They act as a replacement for the first four
(physical) characteristics.

Unless I am missing something, the physical stats in the book should be
based on a roll of 11, plus the racial modifiers in book 1.
       -- Burton

Burton Choinski

Principle Software Engineer, Quality Engineering

email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-322-2135

fax  : 978-452-5764

MatrixOne, Inc.

Two Executive Drive

Chelmsford, Ma 01824

www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce

Thanks,

Beh

  _____

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click
<http://g.msn.com/1HM300901/1V> Here