Some stuff on stuff

John Hooten jhooten at BINARY.NET
Tue Apr 2 18:59:25 CEST 2002

I think people are missing a point here---
In melee combat as compared to ranged
You are not hitting the oponent every phase in real life either
the damage in most games assumes a certain amount is fatige etc
And if you watch some expert sword work it may be zero attacks until a
sudden killing blow or flurry of blows
Thus to make melee and ranged work the same the firing rate is not an issue
When I GMed bow rate had no reload so was 1/phase and I believe that is
as per rules in P&P.
Now as to huge damages from bows?
Bow damage is based totally on WSB which requires Strength bonus to
match( or within 1?)
Also most humans have a 1 SB so WSB 1 or 2 bows are normally built and
do deadly 2-3D10
HUGE WSB bows would need to be made special by someone with the skill
and the strength to use it
Or they cant tell if it is made properly etc. Thus a RARE item.
Magic bows increase WSB but still requires SB to pull?

Also isnt there rules to dodge arrows?
Actually as GM I used OCV+Bow and DCV as I felt the bow didnt work
properly without it.
Sorry for any errors as I am pulling this from my head not books