Book 3 project complete

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Wed Apr 17 06:02:04 CEST 2002

At 05:09 PM 4/13/02 +0200, you wrote:

When I did this original post forgo to mention this was the pre-errata set.
I didn't have time to go through the errata and fix things so these questions
were done pre-errata.  In my personal old copy I did it but not for
this final version.  Also I did some of these questions at 2-3am whiel working
on it so the brain wasn't all there at times :)

>>     1.  Corruption Beast - It mentions it can increase HPV over
>>         max.  But is this pernament?
>Doesn't say it can increase over max, it says it increases it's HPV. You
>can still bicker if it is some kind of healing or if it is a permanent
>increase. I would say it is some healing power, like leeching.

That's how I kinda saw it.

>>     2.  Why do some animals have bonuses and others do not.
>>         I know its not on a human level but I figured they'd
>>         used some formal system?
>Which animals for example? They all seem to have bonuses if their stats
>call for them.

Your totally right.  Now that my brain is working I skimmed it and noticed
they
are all ok.  I guess after 2 weeks of seeing all the stats I was seeing things
:)

>>     3.  Disorder Beast - The vortex is uses is 30 feet.
>>         Think this is a typo?  Maybe 3 or really 30?
>Seems to be the case AHP=30, vortex radius is HPV/5 hexes. That's one large
>swirling mass of bodies (ah, that is body parts).

Seems a bit huge IMHO.  I could see 3 feet but 30 feet is huge in terms of
defeating it.  Then again 30 feet could cover in terms of massacres of
demon reputation.

>>     4.  Bouba - Is it me or is this a silly creature?
>I don't know from which school of myth this stems, but it seems a very GM
>friendly creature. Once it atttacks it will fight to the death. Saves a lot
>of time thinking of monster motivation.

Yep.  Just of all the creatures seems hilarious to look/read.  I seem to
recall
some
jungle myth relting to such a creature but only vaguely.

>>     5.  Bush Warrior - Are they invisible all the time or for
>>         the spell duration?  Doesn't seem to say either way.
>They are not invisible, they can hide between foliage. Somewhat like an
>elf's hide in forest skill, but with better success chance.

But is there a duration?  I mean I had elfs use the ability in a bit different
bt
for these folks seems like it would be duration.

That's odd..text is underlined...:)

>>     6.  Bush Resin - Why is it worthless in light if the Bush
>>         itself sorta gets its lifeforce through sunlight? Doesn't
>>         seem to match up with the idea of a bush.
>Maybe they only live in the undergrowth of dense forests? OR it is the same
>thing as with dragon blood in medieval german myth. That had magical powers
>also, unless at any time it was spilled to the earth.

Dragon blood I understand.  But you have a point about deep junjgles.  I
always
see the Bush Warrior as in simple forests too but I could see your
point...hmmm

>>     7.  Dae'ta Koti/Dark Serpent - and others
>>         Why N/A Dex?  Even Wyrm and Earth Earters.  A NA stat
>>         means they are almost immobile or am I just not
>>         grasping the style of creature?
>Dex in P&P is how well you can handle your limbs, mainly hands. Agility is
>handling of the body. Snakes lack hands, i.e. no dexterity applies. They do
>have agility, so are not immobile.

But it could be argued I guess that they treat heads and tails as a limb but i
can
see your reasoning.  Makes sense in the light of day...

>>     8.  Dragon - Why 2 DCV?  Not listed why.  Likely one
>>         for flying and one for ground (5/ground  10 flying?)
>See page 17, section 4, description fo DCV. And yes, 5 on the ground and 10
>is for flying. Applies for lots of monsters.

Figured but just wanted to verify :)

>>     9.  Dryads - Men resisting the dryad's spell it says must
>>         roll 2D100?  Is this typo for 2D10?  May have to read
>>         up on this one.
>Think that one is correct, 2D100

But it seems a ridiculus roll.  So average Ap is 15 (being kind for most PCs
who
don't do anything for Ap so 60 with current)...2d100 2-200 so...very low
chance
of
success...guess its just a odd looking roll but when i think about it...it
could make
sense based on the creaturein question...hmmmm

>>    10.  Elementals - Element vs Element section -
>>       Dagger             +1       8       Sword
>>       Throwing Dagger     0       7       Sword
>>         /Why are those skills listed as sword and not dagger?
>It's not under elements, this is the weapon table under elves. It states
>that they use different skills for elven weapons.

Opps..right Elf..but again I say why is Dagger in the sword class for them?

>>    11.  Fay Horses for influence is that Emp 15 current, native?
>Doesn't say indeed. I would probably rule native.

What i'd do.

>>    12.  Firesnake range for Intelligence purposes is what?  Doens't
>>         say the range.
>Would say the same as the telep. power, M5E5

Oh...slap..your right...

>>    13.  Ghosts last paragraph - dispelled by magical light but not affected
>>          by forms of magical light?  Huh?  Read it to see
>Light and Radiant Light should dispell the ghost under the exact wording of
>the creature and spell descriptions.
>Ghosts are not afflicted by light, so these spells do no damage. They are
>dispelled by forms of magical light that do no damage, i.e. those spells
>should do the trick.

Oh ok..roger ...I just read that a couple times and guess it was 3am and
didn't
sink into the gray matter...always good to have another persective..

>>    17.  Hydra - Why NA for HC it is a mega regeneration machine so
>>         makes no sense it would have no healing chance?
>Why would it even need a HC, it will never by damaged 24 hours after a
>fight. It will either regenerate within one phase, or it will be dead.

Well I figure there is always a rare chance :)  Course I remember that
Hercules
episode with the hydra I think (if i recall she was healing)...

>>    20.  Lalassu - As I read it seems to be powerless if no one talks
>>         to it?  Is this right in avoiding possession a party stays
>>         quiet and they are safe?
>Seems so.

I'd have fun with that encounter...characters signing to each other...irking
the
creature :)

>>    23.  Pegasus - Special C - Makes no sense can anyone explain it
>>         for my tired brain cells?
>If your stamina is less than 48 you must have Horsemanship EL 12 or
>greater. If your stamina is 48 or greater you can master the beast with an
>EL 6 HMS.

Ahh..okdokie..

>>    24.  Scorpion People Female - OCV 93?!?!?!?!  Need I say
>>         any more?  A type or is it 9(3) or actually 93?  She
>>         would then roll on combat table BL20 all the time :)
>It is 3 actually, see the p&p website, rules, errata. Also for some other
>monsters and lots of DCV values.

Yep I recall and did this question before I reviewed the errata the next day..

>>    26.  Nets - Anyone have info on nets and rules for them like
>>         the whip?  Costs, etc.
>p&p website, rules, combat, misc. throwing weapons

That's right..I recall that in some of those files...doh

>>         To WOUT If you want you can place the GM screen file
>>         and monster.txt file on the website if you want.  The
>>         monster file could be easilly rigged with the html
>>         tags for jumping around with some work.
>
>I will, when I find the time.

No problem.

Gotta find some rules on creature food points ie what amount they eat.
and devise some home brew rules for creature experience...how do
you handle it say for dogs?