Moral Check

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Thu Jun 13 05:04:59 CEST 2002

>Your right. A huge warrior would be more brave in melee fight. But even he
>I think wuld be afraid in many circumstances, even against powerful
>wizards. Perhaps CEL can be taken off the roll to his advantage.
>What I wanted to create was the character with greater mental capabilities
>being the greater leader of group. (Like Gandalf, Frodo, Bilbo, Aragorn,
>Drizzt, many others from numerous stories of other hero's). I want to
>create are well rounded characters that are not just great in combat but
>seem to succeed in any encounter. Because fear is an attack on your mental
>attributes I chose those with greater mental attributes as being the
>greatest weapon against fear.

That's how I see it.  Warriors are battle trained to fight and know war but
wizards
know mental excercises and thus can control their will a bit stronger.

I had far more detail at one point i was going to reply to.  But time and
distractions
forgot many of those original thoughts.  At the time of this posting I started
work on my own morale rules.  I got very details and notes started but not
finished.  I'll be working on them again in a couple months when things settle
down.  When I'm done I'll post them....they take into account just about
everything...