Crafting

Paul L. Ming pming11 at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 28 01:00:57 CET 2002

Hiya.

  Sounds fairly straight forward enough, sorta. ;) I've never had to deal
with PC's creating stuff from scratch; repairing, yes, but no out right
"built from scratch".
  Personally, I think I'd probably just create a simple "Item<-->Time" list
and groups stuff together. The system you mentioned doesn't really take into
account how difficult it is to make an item. A fighting dagger would likely
take longer than a spear...even though the spear is bout 2.5 times as
expensive (2SC for the dagger, and 7SC for the spear). My "Item<-->Time"
chart would probably be based on size/wt/materials. So, I might list
"Daggers/Maces/Spears <-->2 weeks". I'm not sure how the "normal" crafting
rules work in P&P (as I said, never had need to use them; I didn't even know
they existed, to tell you the truth).

^_^

Paul L. Ming

PS: Scamming Harn rules and whatnot for P&P is actually quite easy. Harn has
a pretty damn nice skill system and all that. Combat is a 'bit' deadly, but
that's fine for Harn (the only think I really don't like about it is that
armor tends to be the decideing factor in combat...not skill, tactics, luck,
etc. Ahh well, easily fixed/tweeked... ;)