Stealth and Awareness

Monster Jam unlv_runnin_rebels at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 29 20:03:41 CEST 2002

Hi everyone...its been a while since I last posted a
response, but here goes!

I was under the impression that the skill 'Thief'
included ancillary skills and traits common to the
profession.  That would include any skill not
specificly named in the Skills table such as hiding,
sneaking, ACTIVE listening (eg. beyond a closed door),
etc.  And since this skill is a profession skill (EL
or 80), it was largely a percentage modified by
circumstances.

But you point out a huge ommision by Powers and Perils
in terms of observation.  They tried to overcome this
by using a mathmatical average of Intelligence and
Empathy (I+Em/2) as a percentage, such as to avoid a
trap door.  As a house rule, I have added the
Attribute (NOT a skill) Perception.  It is treated
like Constitution and Appearance for purposes of
multipliers.

--- "Choinski, Burton" <Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM>