Interesting find.

Kurgan Kurgan at FASTMAIL.FM
Thu Mar 13 07:06:52 CET 2003

Hey guys,

    Has there been any recent traffic on the [@geo] P&P list? I
    haven't gotten anything in ages. Just to play it safe I just went
    and re-did my subscription, so I know that's working now. It'd
    kinda suck if all this time I'd been unsubbed and didn't know it!

    Anyway, I just ran across something interesting that I figured was
    worth mentioning. The thing that causes P&P to really trip our
    triggers is the lack of level/classes and other typical D&D-ish
    crap that people like us generally loathe. So, tonight I was
    goofing off on eBay and spotted something. It's a new game called
    "Undiscovered", and it has no classes or levels, uses lots of
    skills, and a percentile-based system! I'll never ditch P&P, of
    course, but this was definitely worth checking out, especially
    with everyone and his brother jumping on the sickening D20
    bandwagon these days.
       So, to make a long story short, I bought the darned thing. I'll
    letcha all know if it's worth a darn when it gets here. If anyone
    here has already played it, please let me know. God help us, it
    looks like someone may have actually published something worth a
    damn again, something that we all know far too well only seems to
    happen once or twice a decade in the RPG world.

Best regards,

    Kurgan

    Mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm

 Today's Zen Wisdom:

    1860: I'm not illiterate!  My parents were married...