whaaaa?

Wout Broere broere at POWERSANDPERILS.ORG
Sun Mar 30 13:57:42 CEST 2003

At 05:05 PM 03/29/2003 -0900, you wrote:
>P&P uses a descriptive background (printed in Perilous Lands) that
>includes a number of briefly described cultures and places. These are made
>up fantasy cultures based on real or fictional cultures here on Earth.
>Katai is the culture/place that corresponds most closely to ancient China.
>     Most games center around the 'Sea of Tears', Perilous Lands equivalent
>to the Mediterranean Sea. I personally rarely have occasion to pronounce
>'Katai'. I use my best guess of ka-tie when I do.

And the name is obviously derived from Cathay, one of the names for ancient
China.

Wout Broere             broere at powersandperils.org
P&P Website:            http://www.powersandperils.org/  or
                         http://geo.citg.tudelft.nl/broere/pnp/
Date:         Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:38:09 -0600
Sender:       Powers and Perils Fantasy Roleplaying Game Mailing List
              <POWERS-AND-PERILS at GEO.CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
From:         David Hunt <dhunt at MYRIAD.NET>
Subject:      Re: whaaaa?

Katai wrote:

>um . . . my name is katai and i stumbled across the powers and perils website just
>now and . . . i'm just wondering WHY the game uses the name "katai" for its "golden
>empire."  is there any specific reason?  and how are you folks pronouncing it?
>thanks.
>
>- katai

Interesting.  I''ve never heard that the game was called anyting but
Powers & Perils.

I have always pronounced it:  kuh TIE

Dave
Date:         Mon, 2 Jun 2003 23:36:45 -0400
Sender:       Powers and Perils Fantasy Roleplaying Game Mailing List
              <POWERS-AND-PERILS at GEO.CITG.TUDELFT.NL>
From:         Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG>
Subject:      Cough cough..dust in here

List has gone quiet....if you guys want I can always come up with things to
ask
...silly..stupid...
moronic things to get activity :)

For example...:)

Knowledge spell do you guys limit your players with this spell?  I mean some
players can just
sit back and spend months of game time using this spell and get a bit ahead.

Want me to continue with stupid questions? :)