Subdual ...

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Sun Nov 16 23:42:51 CET 2003

What I said was for stingy GMs who might say no points. I give for ALL damage scored in combat, real, subdual, and magical damage that requires a combat roll. I said AT LEAST give for the real damage. Truthfully, I usually give extra CEP because I hinder subdual attacks. It is easy to destroy, but preserving can be a test...

Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG> wrote:At 09:32 PM 11/11/03 -0800, you wrote:

> If it isn't addressed, I believe that experience should be awarded normally.
> One thing to mind is that subduing a being is more difficult than killing
(in
> real life). With this being said, standard awards should apply. If they are
> not to apply, then at least give points for the REAL DAMAGE inflicted by
> subdual.
> ***In my games, I don't allow offensive use of EL when trying to subdue***

That's what I was thinking just give experience for the actual damage.
But wasn't sure if any did for the subdual part of it. I mean boxers get
experience each hit so why not....but damage makes sense.