Subdual ...

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 17 05:59:57 CET 2003

   I don't recall seeing the designation for lethal damage anywhere in the character gains section... It lists damage dealt in combat. ... but to cut my own rope on this one, that would also mean that characters would get points for invulnerable and healed damage scored... (I support healed/ regenerated gains, but not invulnerable gains). This is turning wierd in my head.
   HOWEVER, to try to keep it simple for me, if subdual combat is resolved as normal combat, with the exception of lethality, we can look elsewhere in the character gains section. If you run away, you get 1/2 normal, and you get 1/4 if you are knocked out. If a ref wanted to minimize ltl (less than lethal) gains, I suppose some reduction could be devised from this. Since they fight believing that death will not occur, an award of 1/2 is warranted. If they run from a subdual fight, 1/4, and if knocked out, no points. That makes sense to me for a reduction (but I personally feel that no reduction is needed. In my gains, death is better than subdual >:). )

Scott Adams <longshot at DARKTECH.ORG> wrote:
At 08:07 AM 11/16/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Give the points for both subdual and physical. If 22 sub and 3 real, give
>based on 25 inflicted.

I dunno. If you go strictly by the rules its physical damage only. So I'm
not
sure if I'll add the subdual part. I gotta sit and debate that out.

Richard what do you say?