Phoenix

Adaen of Bridgewater adaen at HIGHADVENTUREGAMES.COM
Thu Oct 16 19:35:10 CEST 2003

Whatever you do, don't turn the magic system into something like HERO does.  Balance is one thing, hut HERO-izing things tends to make magic feel like a "super power" rather than the mystical feel that the P&P spell list has. I'd encourage people to read John Kim's essay on making Magic feel Magical. I'll try to find the link and post it here later.

Just my two cents, of course.

Adaen of Bridgewater

"Choinski, Burton" <Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM> wrote:

<SNIP>

is some sort of "spell creation toolkit" that allows you to create new spells.  I'm not saying this should be generally used by players, or perhaps not even used by the GM.  For example, using Champions you can create a "spell" of given effects, and as a result you will know the "mana" cost involved, along with a "cost to learn" and any other attributes.  <SNIP>