P&P v 2.0?

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 18 12:47:21 CEST 2003

   There are far too many references to other sections and too many abbreviations. Also, the rules are presented in a manner fitting for an abridged version that someone experienced with the game can use for quick reference. In short, it needs more beef for new players. There aren't enough examples of function, and I've found math errors in a few of the ones there are. All four core books (plus book five) combined are smaller than the average single rulebook for other games. For single-book games, they are about twice the size. For multiple book games, all five are almost the size of a single book. The same amount of information is included, but the other systems have information rewritten and mukltiple examples. Also, examples of play (not just isolated references) would be useful.

Kevin Barton <mordraith at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:more than anything i would like to see the rules organized in a more
user friendly manner... I got hooked by P&P because the awesome tower of
the dead module but i never actually played because i never owned the
rules until very recently... now that i have the rules i find myself at
a loss for deciefering it... I've never been one for getting into the
"crunchy bits" so it is a bit more than i want to undertake to flip back
and forth and figure it all out by myself...

I think that organizing the rules into a more compact streamlined layout
should be the first step...
-kevin