A Possible Combat Option

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Mon Oct 20 09:41:55 CEST 2003

   BF for humans (think Norse Berserkers) does apply. I put some thought to it. A rage event causes the body to no longer recognise pain, greatly increase in ability to apply its strength, and overrides fear and aggresion responses. It also causes distortions to perceptual reality. Instead of saying +2 SB, I think a S multiplier would apply. Also, since rational thought is not possible, it should offer some protection from certain mind-effecting spells. It should drop the berserker's attack priority, but not add to attack roll. It should allow the enemy to reduce their attack roll.
   BF could be a special attribute that uses an EL. The EL would determine the amount of increase, and be based on S, St, and W (probably divided by 20). Well, I'm just kicking a thought out there... With that Aggressive attack, if a special skill were required to use it, I think that would help to balance the BF factor. Also, drop their priority and give anyone who attacks them a roll reduction.
>    Battle Fury gives +2 SB, plus can ADD 10 to your attack roll (or at
>the enemies choice they may have a -5 modifier to hit you). Compared to
>Battle Fury your option allows an weaponmaster more damage without the
>penalties. EL8-11 would have the same SB, again without the penalties.
>    It is not an option I'd put into the basic rules.

Never thought of that. But then again BF is more for non-humans like monsters
and
such. It just seems silly for humans anyways.