Success & Abysmal

Albert Sales drite_mi at YAHOO.COM
Sat Feb 7 01:02:37 CET 2004

Book 2 page 47 13.92
   Any Abysmal failure that occurs against a
character that has innate power in the spell used
will have the following effects:
  A) The entity will immediately regenereate ELx2
energy and mana points.
  B) The spell automatically rebounds and strikes
the caster at the EL at which it was cast.

the term "Specific Power" is from the very next
entry, describing immunity.
  Any mage I've played/run would DEFINATELY bolt
after that. However, if they had innate fireball,
would you have the fb hit the caster as well,
since the mage's MDV pushed it into an abysmal
EVEN THOUGH it cooked the guards like bacon?