Ok, here is a spell with weirdness

Scott Adams longshot at DARKTECH.ORG
Fri Feb 13 03:35:22 CET 2004

At 08:12 PM 2/12/04 +0000, you wrote:
>Slime
>
>A great spell to wreck havoc on players and NPCs alike, however there are
>questions that my group has never totally resolved.
>
>1. Since the slime is made from the earth, does it go back to being earth
>when the duration runs out?

That's what I do.  But you could make it damp earth or even a limited form
of quicksand for fun.

>2. What happens to all the metal and other objects that the slime eats? Are
>they now compounds on the earth after the duration (meaning can pieces be
>mined out of it)?

Good question.  That actually makes sense.  Either a verybunch of squish
metal or it could be integrated into the rock in iron, metal or even
limited gem values.
Never thought of that but makes sense it would be integrated.  Unless when
its eaten it becomes nonexistant.

>3. What if someone is still in the slime (because they do not get hurt by it
>and they are doing something in it) and the duration runs out, are they
>stuck in the earth now?

No.  I've not done it that way.  I figure the elemental earth powers has that
effect if used right.  I just figure they can climb out like its loose sand or
wet mud.

>4. If the slime returns to earth, is it solid or sand or what?

See above.  Depends on GM and terrain.  Could be in swamp, Forest/grass
or earth/sand.  So depends on that for me.

>5. Or, for all the above is the earth and any thing else just magically
>gone?

No.  IMHO.

>6. Is the effect on creatures and players with earth powers as if they are
>no longer standing on earth? So, they pass out as stated for earth strength?
>Or, does it just damage them, because this is not an Earth Power (as
>described in book one)?

Just damage as I read it.

>7. Lets say that someone was smart enough to have a perpetual water soaking
>spell cast on them, so that the slime is always washed off every phase. Are
>they affected by the slime at all (I know this would silly, but hey there
>are silly people out there:)?

First I'd say water wouldn't affect it since the slime is thicker to me
like jelly.
It may impede the movement up but I'd guess it doesn't wash it away totally.
Second, the feet would still always take damage since there would still be
contact there.  Plus (shiver) it creeps up every nook and cranny in the body
so a water spell wouldn't help under the clothes. :<

>That is some of the basic questions. I also think that the BMC is too low
>for this spell for what it can do to someone and their equipment. My
>thinking on this would be to raise to a BMC of 3.

Well that is compensated because its easy to escape from.  Those who fly.
Those with teleport.  Those with a simple rope/horse and team  mates.  So
it has to do alot ot damage initially as I figure it.