[PnP] Invisibility

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 20:17:40 CET 2004

   The contact (even momentary) reduces the duration by 1 turn. I believe that is worth at least one-phase of invisibility to "res back in". I, personally, allow a turn of invisibility for anyone contacted. If this time is remaining touched, it still counts against it, but the invisibility won't end until the next magic-effects phase. That is just me; I had too many problems with spell abuse, and looked for ways to reduce them. A favorite was to attack invisibly with wounds to regain HP, EnL and Cast Ability. In open forum, I would probably say that the target of an invisible attack turns invisible until the next Magic Effects Phase, however. It should not be a momentary blink.

Wout Broere <broere at powersandperils.org> wrote:We had some lengthy discussions in our group on this particular spell, and
how to treat it in combat. It can be extremely deadly if an invisible
assassin hits someone in the back. Unfortunately for the characters, that
someone can also be you.

I also use the strict interpretation of that sentence. But I believe that
anyone who loses contact with the caster becomes visible again, although he
or she can still see the caster and other invisible attached persons. It
says in the text:

Persons that are made invisible by contact with the Caster become visible
when this contact, or the duration, ends.

That means that anyone hit during combat can see the caster, but does not
turn invisible, as contact is lost immediately after the hit has been scored.

Wout