[PnP] Re: Old Adventures - Highlights

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Sat Feb 21 01:55:58 CET 2004

At 09:05 AM 2/19/04 -0900, you wrote:
>The most spectacular PC death in our game was when the party was fighting
>off an attack on a small caravan by a large band of brigands. Dan Snider's
>wizard had stood on the wagon seat and cast Thunderhead, blowing wind into
>the enemies faces and calling lightning from the clouds. CRACK lightning
>struck one enemy dead. CRACK lightning struck another enemy dead. CRACK
>lightning struck the wizard, killing him and setting the wagon aflame.
>He'd rolled the wrong abysmal on the third stroke of lightning.

Toasty.  Since I tend NOT to try to kill off folks unless its just bad luck
or bad rolls or stupid actions I don't recall many deaths.  Most of them
were heroic though in terms of helping others to escape or flee while the
one killed stalled or helped the others.  I do recall one wizard who stayed
behind to destroy a evil castle that was about to unleash a portal to some
dimension.  The party fled.  While he stayed behind.  They knew it (castle)
was on top of a dead volcano.  So he goes and sets off earthquakes for
about 5 minutes.  Enough to make the mountain rumble and them boom...it
explodes...since the lava shifted and went into new activity from
underground.  Castle was gone but so was he.