[PnP] Re: Healing Table

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Feb 21 06:06:17 CET 2004

  In an effort to maximize a Healer's ability to patch up people the
Healer may choose to learn the Eroticist skill (or at least the General
Knowledge of the healing massage aspects of the skill).
  This grants a bonus for healing of (EL/5)+1 (RU) to StB and CB.

  To expand the prior (from Jan. 31, 2004) example:
  Presume a fairly normal PC, St20 and C33, giving a StB+1 and HC27%.
The character is badly hurt and needs healing.

  A Healing spell will heal 1D6+StB+EL and courtesy of Rule 1.343 will
also give a bonus Healing Chance roll with whatever bonuses medicine and
magic have applied. A simple EL0 Healing spell in this case will heal
1D6+1 points and cause the bonus Healing Chance roll to be 32%. If made
this would be another 2-4 points healed. Total average of 5.46 points
healed.

  The trained healer gets to give their skill bonus (ELx2) PLUS the
bandage bonus PLUS the herb bonus to the HC (Healing Chance). The Healer
also grants a StB of EL/3 (RU) to the next HC roll. If an Eroticist gives
a massage this also increases the StB (and CB).

  Let us first have a Healer use the Healing skill including the bandaging
(+5%) and herb (+10% if using Cinquefoil) HC modifiers.
[Other herbs may change the modifier.]
EL0 Healing spell plus EL1 Healer averages 6.46.
< 4.5  +  (32+2+15)% (2-4)+1 >
If we add EL1 Eroticist this goes up to an average of 7.44.
EL0 Healing spell plus EL7 Healer averages 8.16.
If we add EL6 Eroticist this goes up to an average of 9.99.
EL0 Healing spell plus EL13 Healer averages 10.34.
If we add EL11 Eroticist this goes up to an average of 13.26
Increasing the EL of the Healing spell similarly enhances the StB and
Healing Chance.

The extreme example of a EL13 healing skill and EL11 Eroticist healing
massage followed by a EL9 Healing spell should average (starting with a
base StB+1 and HC27%) (10-16) 13.5 direct healing and
(HC27+26+50=automatically makes the roll) 15 on the Healing
Chance healing for a total of (25-32) 28.5 points healed on average.

  Courtesy of Rule 1.343 magical healing allows TWO HC rolls per day.
So for maximum healing without risking 'death by healing' one can have one
magical healing plus one bonus HC roll (w/o risk of infection) plus the
normal HC roll. Eroticist and Healing skills, bandages and herbs can add
to the HC% on both HC rolls. Magical bonuses apply to the bonus HC roll.

Hmmm...looks like my healer is going to try to learn a new skill to
improve her healing abilities. (Should I heal those who joke about the
skill she plans to get?)