Spells (was: god legends)

Choinski, Burton Burton.Choinski at MATRIXONE.COM
Tue Jan 27 22:51:46 CET 2004

I also like the fact that healing takes a bit of time.  While not as
critical in a long-term campaign, on a short term (1-2 day) mission the fact
that you can't go "bam! you're healed" makes the characters have to watch
what they do instead of just running in like meat shields, confident that
they can be tapped up before the next battle.

|| >Speed - PMR increase EL+1?  I thought about at times options with say
some
|| >attribute like Dex, Agil, Str, or even Weight being factors in the
formula.

Hard to say.  You don't want to get overly complex.  The fact that it's
magic and can overcome any chunk of mass is fine.  That may be the place to
put the other factors -- mana cost goes up if you are trying to speed up
something real chunky.

Burton Choinski
Principal Software Engineer, Quality Engineering
email: burton.choinski at matrixone.com

phone: 978-589-4089
fax:      978-589-5903

MatrixOne, Inc.
210 Littleton Rd.
Westford, Ma 01886
www.matrixone.com

The First in Intelligent Collaborative Commerce