Phoenix

Alex Koponen akoponen at MOSQUITONET.COM
Thu Jan 29 05:27:08 CET 2004

I agree with Kurgan, except that I also really like the Perilous Lands
('Sea of Tears' is a great name btw).

  There are a lot of RPGs out there. Many have decent combat systems, some
comparable in quality to P&Ps. Indeed P&P's combat system is not without
flaws. However, I have yet to find a magic system that I like better than
P&P's magic system. GURPS' magic system comes closest but it doesn't ring
as true to what I imagine magic to be as P&P's magic system does.
  Probably P&P's biggest flaw in the magic system is the extreme power it
gives with relatively little risk.

          Alex Koponen