[PnP] Sorry and Hellos

Doyle Wayne Ramos Tavener doyletavener at houston.rr.com
Wed Jul 21 20:04:48 CEST 2004

I'm sorry to hear the news from WotC. I just subscribed to the mailing
list, read the previous logs of the list and am pleased to see that all
of you are progressing at a revision of the game.

I do hope that this effort continues. Both the campaign background and
the rules are interesting, useful, and pleasing, and perhaps some day in
the future WotC may change its mind. It has certainly happened before.

If I may ask, what changes are Mr. Snider and his associates considering
making? Off the top of my head, I can think of a few areas:

Standardizing skills.

Incorporation of the Heroes magazine material.

Substituting or supplementing a point based advantage/disadvantage
system for the special attributes random roll.

Not that these are absolutely necessary, but are hopefully a basis for
discussion for a newbie. :)

Again, I want to encourage all of you to continue your project, and I
want to especially thank Mr. Snider for P&P.

Doyle Wayne Ramos-Tavener

...it is not reasonable to assume that Aristotle knew the Number of the
Elect...

- Albertus Magnus