[PnP] Wizards of the Coast

Albert Sales drite_mi at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 09:50:19 CEST 2004

   I'd love to see the reincarnation, but a $5k investment (bottom end) for something that (in all honestly) wouldn't make a return of... If this approach is to be gone with, I will see what we could pitch in (written off completely from our end).
   However, an unofficial revisement, or new system could work. The mechanics can't exactly be copyrighted. The name(s), however, is (as are the names of locations). I'm still up for helping, but now we'll need to decide what to do with what we do.
   Whatever is decided, just let me know how I can help. thx

Larry <Kurgan at Fastmail.fm> wrote:
Hello Richard,

Sd> The assistant managr of licensing replied to my request. He
Sd> diplomatically told me to go to hell vis a vis any assignment of the rights
Sd> to Powers and Perils. Sorry.

I've spoken with them on this same issue regarding a couple of
other game systems, and might have a loophole for you to try. They
won't license them, but if you talk to the right person (and I can
find the name of the man to speak with), they'll outright sell it,
or to be fair, they've made the same offer more than once, but I
can't promise they'll do it again, or with this game (but I
wouldn't be surprised if they did). Typical price for a game such
as this is right around $5K.

Best regards,

Larry mailto:Kurgan at Fastmail.fm